The building that Monitor Bible Church meets in was built in 1893 and the congregations meeting in that building have have many different characters over the years. The history of the church can be broken into 3 eras. From 1873-1957 it was a Lutheran congregation, from 1960-1968 it was an independent community church, and from 1968 to the present it has been affiliated with Village Missions. The building itself was owned by various Lutheran organizations until 1986 when the membership of the church at the time purchased it.
We are attempting to put together a collection of information about the church through the years, which is what is recorded here. These pages will change as we are able to add new information.
March 8, 1986 newspaper article about the church – good overview of the history of the church up to that point.